Sunday, January 18, 2009

Wanted Dead or Alive

For Christmas, Zack got the Guitar Hero:Decades game for his Nintendo DS. After playing it for a few days, he unlocked a new song- "You Give Love a Bad Name" by Bon Jovi. Apparently the song was a big hit with Zack and Dani because they were going around the house singing the chorus. I told the kids that their Dad really liked Bon Jovi. One of them asked, "Is Bon Jovi still alive?" I responded "Um, Yeah"- (I was caught off guard by this question.) Then the other one says, "He's probably like 80 or something." (Okay kids, now I'm REALLY offended!!!) I had to intervene before the conversation became ugly. I said (as calmly as I could), "Bon Jovi is NOT 80! He's probably in is 40's." My two gracious children ever so politely replied, "Oh, so he's not much older than you and dad, right?" Yeah kids- we're almost 80 too. But we are certainly not dead yet!



And by the way, just so you don't have to google it yourself, Bon Jovi is 46 (and still rockin')!!!

4 comments:

gina said...

I remember thinking when I was about 8 that 30 was SO OLD. How sad. I really freaked out for about 1 minute when I turned 30; until I realized that my fear was 8 year old fear and that 30 really was very young!

Nichelle said...

I love Bon Jovi. At least they know you have good taste in music. By the way you are not OLD:)

Nancy said...

THAT"S MY GRANDKIDS. GOOD JOB DANI,ZACK AND RUSSELL.
LOVE GRANDMA NANCY

Unknown said...

I found you!! Thanks for bringing the Young Women by today. It was fun for us and wow! I had no idea there were so many babysitters in the ward.