Thursday, February 26, 2009

Potty Training

Russell is doing really well potty training. YAY!!! He's been wearing underwear to bed and has gone several days with NO accidents! I wasn't sure if this would ever happen, but better late than never!

He has, however, said a couple of pretty funny things through this potty training thing. Today, he crawls up on the couch next to me and says very calmly and seriously, "Mom," (BIG SIGH) "I need to go potty really bad." No drama here, right? And a few days ago, Russell made me realize once again how carefully I need to watch what I say- especially around him. I was sitting in the computer room. I hear him running full speed down the hall. I look up to see him quickly turning into my bedroom to the master bathroom and hear him say, "Holy Crap!!! I have to go potty!" At least "holy crap" is about the worst thing I say. Otherwise, I could be in some serious trouble!

When he first started potty training, he had to witness the entire flushing process. He surprised me when he looked into the bowl and asked if the pee went down one side and the poop went down the other side. Wow. I didn't even know toilets had sides.

He also thought it was pretty cool to practice peeing "like a big boy," meaning standing pretending to aim. At first he would start peeing and begin to list all the big boys he knew who peed the same way. "I go pee like Daddy. And Zack. And Grandpa. And Chris." Okay, you get the picture. Well, at least he has some inspiration!

Anyway, I'm super glad we're at the end of this potty training roller coaster. I thought about burning the remaining diapers out of spite and celebration, but I suppose I should give them to someone who could use them. Oh well, I'll save the bon fire for another glorious occasion.

5 comments:

gina said...

Yeah for Russell! Yeah for Lisa! I know where those diapers could go...

MelisaH said...

Wahooooo! Go Russell! Hey Lisa Put your feet up a bit, you're there! Maybe wait a bit for that bonfire tho and I'll bring something to add, some day.

Nichelle said...

That is so exciting! Nothing is better than getting past the potty training!

Nancy said...

Way to go Lisa, Who's potty trained you or him? Sorry ! ! !
I love you your sweet loving wonderful mom. Just ask Russell what underwear he's wearing and he well proudly show them to you.

sandy said...

hi Lisa- I came right home to cATCH UP ON BLOGS. I COULDN'T WAIT TO SEE YOURS. MINE COMES UP LIVE EVERY MOMENT BUT THEN YOU CAN GO TO MY MAIN BLOG. I AM SO GLAD TO KNOW YOUR BLOG ADDRESS. THANKS FOR GOING TO LUNCH WITH US. IT WAS SO FUN TO SEE YOU AND BRIAN AND KIDS. THEY ARE AMAZING KIDS.