Wednesday, September 9, 2009

We Are A Boring Family

Yes, BORING. Apparently all three of my children are somehow in agreement on this one. And yes, I have proof.


Case #1:


Mom: "Russell, you've been talking ever since we got in the car. It's time to be quiet for a while."

Russell: "BBOORRRRRRIINNGG!!"




Case #2:

Dani: "That road is Satterfield, right?"

Mom: "Yeah. Why?"

Dani: "The other day when I was reading the phone book, I saw an ad for a hair salon on Satterfield."




Case #3: We are shopping when Zack gets home from a friend's house. He calls to tell us he is home and ask when we will be home. A short time later he calls again to find out how much longer we will be. Then... we receive these two pictures through the miracle of cell phones.





And if it was not bad enough that my poor children are bored out of their gourds, it seems Brian is on "board" with them. Right after his surgery, the doctor came to talk to me and told me everything went exactly as planned and it was a "boring" surgery.
Well, there you have it. At least we're bored together, right?

6 comments:

Nancy said...

They are not bored when they come to grandma Nancy house. No I'm not say I want they every night and weekend. I love you all.

gina said...

Ha! Zach is so funny! Love those pics he took. A sense humor and boring don't go together, so you can tell your kids that. (Although, can't really put a different spin on reading the phone book. That really is boring!)

fireopal66 said...

This is hilarious!! you made me laugh this morning. You have a great family, even if you guys are boring. Luv ya!

Cole and Shelly Parker said...

Lisa you are so funny! You guys are such a fun family!!!

MelisaH said...

I don't think such a hilarious family could ever be boring....
it doesn't get much better! We love you and your kids are more than welcome to come and be bored with mine...then they will find out what bored really is.

gina said...

Sorry I spelled Zack wrong above; I also had to tell you what Payden brought up at the dinner table the other night that made me think of this post. She mentioned having read the dictionanry the other day, and happened across the definition of dictionary; oh the irony!