Monday, May 24, 2010

Allison Dawn Merrell

Surprise!!! I am finally doing something on my blog. I know, I know... it's about time right?!



I decided to start with the biggest news since my last post, which is, of course, our wonderful BABY GIRL!!!



Allison Dawn Merrell was born December 16th, 2010 at 7:26 am. She was 7 pounds 11 ounces and 21 inches long. I will have to do another post to tell her birth story, but for now I'll just post some pictures. Because of her unexpectedly fast arrival, the camera wasnt' ready and I was in a bit of a whirlwind, so I don't have as many pictures as I'd like. I'm not sure why the sizing is weird on some of them, but I'm posting what we have. Despite it all, we ended up with some pretty cute pictures.



Bundled up in her little hospital bed.





Beautiful little girl.




Opening her eyes for a picture.




Proud mama and sweet baby.



Happy mom- glad to have her on the outside! (And glad to be done with my DRUG FREE labor!)



Proud papa holding Allison for the first time.




Dani is soooo happy to have a SISTER!!! My two beautiful girls!




Zack thinks she is a keeper! I love the smile on his face!




Another great picture...



At first, Russell wasn't quite sure what to think, but he LOVES being a BIG brother!


Grandpa (A.K.A. "The Grumpa") Merrell holding his 10th grand-baby!



Being admired by Grandma Merrell.



I guess Grandma Nancy was the one taking the pictures, so there isn't one of her with Allison. But Grandma Nancy was also there to help us welcome Alli into our family!




Content little princess sleeping on daddy's lap. (I love the adorable Christmas blanket made by Grandma Merrell!)





Uncle Chris is so excited to meet his new neice!




Meeting Uncle Corey!



Great-Grandma Pearson loves you too, Allison!



Our precious baby even brought a tear to Great-Grandpa Pearson's eyes!




Great-Grandma Kiesling is pretty proud, too!





Notice the white blob on Brian's shirt? That's documentation of Alli's first spit up.





From the delivery room window, we could see our visitors coming and going!

(Russell is pointing to our window and it looks like Dani is thinking about how early it is!)




Hi everybody!



We are so glad to have our precious Allison in our family! We love you so much!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

so glad you updated.....and yes...then and now she is an absolute beautiful baby.

sandy said...

SO GLAD TO SEE YOUR POST!!!!!!! SHE IS ADORABLE!! GLAD I GOT TO SEE HER FIRST HAND YESTERDAY.

Nichelle said...

Can't wait for more:)

Lindy said...

She is beautiful, Lisa! Congratulations!!

MelisaH said...

how sweet! love that you got to capture all of her first meetings with all of those wonderful family members!

Nancy said...

SHE IS SO FUN. I AM SO GLAD THAT THEY LIVE SO CLOSE TO GRANDMA NANCY. YES I TOOK ALL THE PICTURES.