Friday, October 16, 2009

Symptoms

Comments that have been heard more and more frequently at our house lately:



I'm so tired- I couldn't sleep last night because I just couldn't get comfortable.



Could somebody please help me get my socks and shoes on?



My back is really hurting today.



I feel exhausted and I haven't even done that much today.



Don't forget, I have another doctor's appointment tomorrow.



My feet are bothering me again today.



This is pretty heavy, could you please help me pick it up?





And the number one comment commonly heard lately from Brian is...



Hey, would you like to see the scar from my butt crack extension surgery?

Who did you think would be making these comments? ha ha ha

(Okay, he really doesn't offer to show everybody his scar or tell everybody his wonderful cover-up story for his back surgery scar, but the story is a little bit funnier that way. Yes, I keep teasing him that HE is the pregnant one. And yes, he knows about this blog entry. I told him I wouldn't post it if he didn't want me to, but he told me to and even said he thought it was funny. Brian and I have laughed at ourselves and each other since we started dating, and I'm so glad we can still make each other smile. I feel so lucky to have a guy who can make me laugh.)

On a different note, we are 9 weeks away from meeting our wonderful baby girl. We are officially 32 weeks today. I've been feeling quite overwhelmed just thinking about all that still needs to be done for me to feel ready to bring a new baby into our home. But my nesting instincts are kicking in (you should see our recently organized game closet!) and I know things will all work out just fine. Our family is getting very excited to meet our little baby Allison Dawn!

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Yes I'm tried from reading this blog. HAHAHAHAHA Thank you Lisa from taking time away from your busy schedule in helping your mother. Love ya

Cole and Shelly Parker said...

You guys are so funny! I love all the funny comments you guys say, you are so fun to be around! What an awesome couple you are!!!!

sandy said...

Amen Sista!!! Get all the sympathy you can in the next few weeks. It will be so great for you to have another little girl.

Trevor and Angie said...

I found you!!!!! How are you guys!!!??? Hope all is going well!!!

Nichelle said...

Any baby yet?:)

fireopal66 said...

OMGoodness! I just read your blog and it is only 9 days till the day!!! I am so excited, it does make me a bit scared, giving birth is always a bit scary to me, but you will have an amazing little girl and can't wait to meet her. I recieved your cute little thank you note today and I loved it, but all I can think of is all the joy you bring to me... You are a beautiful, lovely friend to me, Thank you so much for being a part of my life.